Monday, January 23, 2017

Vision Board: Easy Five Step Process

For this 2017 year, I plan on making the best of every day. I have a clear idea of what I want in my life at the current moment that is what I would like to focus on. I have decided to live my life one day at a time and really enjoy the moment. By living life this way and having this mindset I feel like I can really achieve my goals. It keeps my mind open to whatever opportunities may come my way. This way of thinking doesn’t mean that you can’t have hopes for the future, it helps you achieve those hopes. My thought process is just to think about what I want to achieve this year and focus on that. By doing this I don’t overwhelm myself and don’t get the feeling that I am not accomplishing anything. My all-time favorite motivational speaker, Tony Robbins says, “Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade.”
This really hit me because it made total sense. So when the clock struck midnight on December 31st entering us into the year 2017, I was more than ready. To make taking on 2017 easier I decided to do a vision board of my goals for the year. For those of you who don’t know what a vision board is, it is a group of pictures that you put on a poster board that reflects your goals. So, what this post is about is an easy five-step process on how to make a vision board for yourself.

Step One: Gather Pictures
You are going to need pictures because it helps the mind with the visualization part. So, you can go online or cut out pictures of a magazine and start gathering up the photos that best represent your goals. If you went online to get the photos you can go to your closest CVS, Walgreens, or Target to print out the pictures.
Step Two: Get a Board

Now that you have your pictures, you are going to need something to put those pictures on. So, you can go to JoAnns, Michaels, Target, or Walmart, anywhere really that has an arts and crafts section. It can be as fancy as you like. You can get a regular poster board, a thicker poster board, or even a canvas. It really is all about preference.
Step Three: Layout
You got your pictures, your board, and you’re now back at home listening to something motivating (highly recommend listening to anything Tony Robbins). Now, the next step is lay out the pictures in a way that is motivating and pleasing to your eye. Lay it out in way that when you look at it makes you feel happy. It doesn’t matter if you like to fit perfectly together like a puzzle or all the pictures just thrown on there. It needs to motivate you and only you. Once you have done that you can glue the pictures on to the board:
Step Four: Placement
You are going to want to place this somewhere that you can look at it every day. I have mine right bed hanging on the wall. But you can put yours anywhere you see fit. You can put it in the bathroom, or the living room above the tv, or take it to work with you to hang in your office/cubicle. It doesn’t matter where just as long as you look at it every day.
Step Five: Visualize
Now that you have put in the perfect spot it is now time to work your magic. Look at these images and think about they make you feel. Imagine how every sense is feeling if you were to achieve this particular goal. I mean really feel it like it is happening to you right there and then. This is called visualization.

I really hope you guys do this, because I honestly believe that it is very helpful for achieving your goals. I know I mention magic but it’s not magic but it does is give you the hope and dedication to work toward your goals. And when it actually does happen it feels like magic. So, go out there and create your reality. Whether it’s your dream wedding, career, life, it doesn’t matter it’s out there waiting for you.
Until next time, stay stress-free. 

P.S. If you are a more visual person here is the link to my YouTube Channel:

No comments:

Post a Comment